Discover the wide range of training and courses available through UNISON and also don’t forget to check out all the other opportunities both locally and nationally through the right hand side menu. Good luck!
UNISON offers learning and training covering a wide variety of subjects. Many of the courses are subsidised or free and you may be entitled to time off work to attend them.
Our training and learning is designed to help members with their personal and career development and to help reps support our members.
How learning is organised at UNISON
UNISON training and development is co-ordinated by a “learning and organising services” section at UNISON centre. This works closely with regional and local UNISON branches to:
- deliver a national activist training programme to complement what’s available at a local level;
- co-ordinate UNISON’s tutor training scheme to help you run your own training;
- develop online training programmes;
- campaign for lifelong learning to help UNISON members in their personal development;
- negotiate training discounts and administer UNISON’s financial aid for education schemes.